Runnymede House

Point of Interest


Bay Road, Glenorchy, Tasmania.


Runnymede has a rich collection of artefacts related to the maritime interests of Captain Charles Bayley, who named the house after his favourite ship. His family and their descendants made it their home for over 100 years. There are also historic artworks and possessions of the previous owner Bishop Francis Nixon, Tasmanias first Anglican bishop. The house was built around 1836 for Robert Pitcairn, one of the first lawyers admitted to the Supreme Court in the Van Diemens Land colony and a leading campaigner against the transportation of convicts from Britain.

Read more



Lat: -42.852827 Lng: 147.311814


For more reviews download WikiCamps NOW!

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Get it on the Microsoft Store

Minimum requirements: iOS 12, Android 6, Windows 10