Sturt Park & Titanic Memorial

Day Use Area


83 Sulphide Street, Broken Hill, New South Wales / ACT.


Sturt Park was first gazetted as the Central Reserve in 1895 and was officially known as Sturt Park from 1944, to commemorate the centenary of the inland explorations of Captain Charles Sturt in 1844-45. Near the rotunda stands a memorial to the heroic bandsmen of the ill-fated steamship Titanic who continued to play as the ship went down in a valiant effort to quell the panic of the passengers. This free day use area offers toilets, drinking water and nice scenery. No camping or overnight parking allowed.

Read more



Lat: -31.956636 Lng: 141.462174


For more reviews download WikiCamps NOW!

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Get it on the Microsoft Store

Minimum requirements: iOS 12, Android 6, Windows 10