John Egge Statue and Historic Wharf

Day Use Area


Wharf Street, Wentworth, New South Wales / ACT.

(03) 5027 5080


The wharf was originally built in 1879 using local timber and was a major landmark of the town. Throughout the riverboat era, Wentworth was once one of the busiest inland ports within NSW (third busiest port after Sydney & Newcastle). The original wharf deteriorated and was demolished in 1983. This similar replica (including the little customs office) now stands in its place. A bronze statue of Captain John Egge can also be found at the Wentworth Wharf. There is an open grassed area with picnic facilities and a boat ramp. No camping or overnight parking.

Read more



Lat: -34.107426 Lng: 141.920696


For more reviews download WikiCamps NOW!

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Get it on the Microsoft Store

Minimum requirements: iOS 12, Android 6, Windows 10